US – Canadian Aerospace Corridor via Vermont
In 2013 the Vermont Aerospace & Aviation Association, a division of the Vermont Chamber of Commerce, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Aéro Montréal, a strategic think tank for Québec’s $13.8 billion aerospace cluster, at the 4th edition of Aéro Montréal’s International Aerospace Innovation Forum in Montreal.
The vision and mission of the MOU and partnership is to create a U.S. – Canadian Aerospace Corridor via Vermont and facilitate the flow of supply chain opportunities between Vermont’s aerospace and aviation industry and Canada’s Aerospace Industry. The $28 billion Canadian aerospace industry is the fifth largest in the world and is home to renowned aerospace OEMs and prime contractors, including Bombardier, Bell Helicopter Textron, CAE, GE Canada, Heroux-Devtek, and Pratt & Whitney. Most Canadian companies source over 50% of their aerospace parts from the U.S.
Vermont, in return, offers Canada access to the state’s $2 billion aerospace manufacturing and supplier base with proven supply chain capabilities in precision machining, maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO), landing gear, fuel gauging, sensors, sensing systems, and electronics for aerospace and aviation applications. Vermont’s close proximity to Canada is also a competitive gateway with access to the entire North American market and large government contractors in both the U.S. aerospace and defense industries.
Review our Record of Investment and Results Delivered for over a decade of work with Québec.
US – Canadian Aerospace
US – Canadian Aerospace
Corridor OEMs & Primes (for exhibitors only)
Vermont Chamber of Commerce Record of Work with Québec:
- 2018: Vermont Chamber partners with Vermont Global Trade Partnership to bring a delegation of 7 Vermont aerospace manufacturers to Aéro Montréal’s 2018 Aerospace Innovation Forum
- 2017: Vermont Chamber brings 24 Canadian aerospace companies to Annual Manufacturing Supply Chain Trade Show in Vermont and hosts Aéro Montréal and OEMs and SMEs from Connecticut Aerospace in support of MOU to build a Vermont – Québec Aerospace Trade Corridor and extend it to Connecticut.
- 2017: Vermont Chamber partners with Vermont Global Trade Partnership and brings delegation of 7 Vermont aerospace manufacturers to AeroMart Montreal
- 2016: Vermont Chamber partners with Vermont Global Trade Partnership and brings 9 Vermont aerospace manufacturers on Vermont Delegation to Aéro Montréal’s 2016 Aerospace Innovation Forum
- 2015: Vermont Chamber brings 25 Canadian aerospace companies to Annual Manufacturing Supply Chain Trade Show in Vermont and hosts roundtable with Aéro Montréal in support of MOU and Vermont – Québec Aerospace Trade Corridor
- 2015: Vermont Chamber partners with Vermont Global Trade Partnership on Vermont Manufacturing Delegation to AeroMart Montreal
- 2014: Vermont Chamber’s Aerospace Supply Chain Summit Featuring Aerospace Corridor and the Aéro Montréal’s MACH Initiative
- 2013: Vermont Chamber signs MOU with Aéro Montréal to build US-Canadian Aerospace Corridor via Vermont at Aerospace Innovation Forum, Montreal
- 2013: Vermont Chamber’s Manufactured in Vermont Supply Chain Trade Show: Showcasing Vermont’s $2 billion aerospace and aviation industry and Canadian partners
- 2013: Vermont Chamber participates in Planning of Green Summit with Quebec Federation of Chambers of Commerce (FCCQ) and EcoTech of Québec
- 2013: Vermont Chamber Brings Vermont Delegation of Manufacturers to Paris Air Show resulting in $3.1 million in projected sales (including Canadian aerospace)
- 2012: Vermont Chamber Hosts Premier Jean Charest of Québec, EXPO Keynote Speaker
- 2012: Vermont Chamber Hosts 20 businesses for a Vermont – Québec discussion regarding enhancing the supply chain corridor
- 2011: Vermont Chamber’s Supply Chain Matchmaker, Supply Chain Opportunities in Canadian Aerospace
- 2010: Vermont Chamber participates in Vermont gubernatorial delegation to Québec with Vermont businesses
- 2005: Vermont Chamber Signs Cooperation Agreement with Quebec Federation of Chambers of Commerce (FCCQ), The Québec -Vermont Corridor